I come unglued on a daily basis. I think sometimes that I actually live unglued, or in some state of unglued, as if unglued is on a continuum. SO when I was invited to be part of a women's bible study that was studying the book called "Unglued", I said "sure, why not."
This weeks lesson focused on labels we give ourselves that keep us stuck. I can't help but think of the way I have kept myself stuck for the last 7 years. I have actually asked God why he has kept me here. I know it is something I have to learn or grow or be refined by. I have been on the look out for what God is doing, missed opportunities to be free of this prison of trappedness. But the harder I try, the harder it gets.
So what is it that I am trapped by....I have labeled myself a bad mom.
Bad mommy label includes:
1) divorce times 2
2) working fulltime
3) tired ALL of the time.
4) self-inflicted guilt because I'm a bad mom
5) not giving my children enough attention
6) not going to church or taking them because I ALWAYS work weekends! But I'm trapped there because of the money.
1) work more hours to pay off bills so eventually I don't have to work so hard.
2) ignore my husband because he is not helping the problem to begin with.
3) be hateful to everyone because I'm working my a** off and everyone needs to just leave me alone while I get through this!
Gods solution:(according to "Unglued")
1) Stop listening to the lies that are meant to tear me down.
2) View the circumstance as a CALL TO ACTION! Not a call to beat myself up.
3) Use the momentum of tackling one label to tackle more.
All of this adds up to Grace.
Sin didn't, and doesn't have a chance with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace. When it's sin versus grace, grace wins hands down!!!!
Romans 5:20 The Message