I'm not sure why I do it. I have to say, I work really well under pressure and typically I still get things done. I even get good grades on papers that I stay up til 1am writing. However, it's not healthy to procrastinate. It is healthy to not stress over getting things done prematurely. I think I really need to list the reasons why I procrastinate so I have something to go back to:
1) I think part of it has to do with ADD.......squirrel! I get distracted easily. My motto is "as long as everything is accomplished during the day, it doesn't matter how it got accomplished".
2) I enjoy the adrenaline rush of doing things at the last minute.
3) I can live in denial and have fun in the moment, well, until the final hour comes and then I have to get down to business.
4) I have an over packed calendar. Most of which is unavoidable with running kids from place to place and just being a Mom.
5) I don't remeber what day it is, then I realize that it's actually Monday and I have a paper due by 2am!
6) I have good intentions but then unexpected things happen that require my attention.
Ok, so they are all just a list of excuses.
And occassionally it is just an EPIC FAIL on my part.
Procrastination is not my friend.
We must part ways.
We're divorcing as of today.
Say a little prayer as I start to research my next paper that is due NEXT Monday. Thanks.