Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Compartmentalizing


God is not someone I schedule into my life....

"Ok, God, here's my schedule for the week, this is when I have time for you and I really need you to show up:

Monday:
I can fit you in before I get the kids ready for school, but only for about 10 minutes. I need you to show up for small group at my house that evening around 7pm too.

Tuesday: My 7am meeting for church counts as my quite time. And if we sit down for a family dinner tonight, we'll say a quick prayer to you before we eat. Thanks for coming :)

Wednesday: I'm hoping to read another chapter in my book (it's about You ;) )

Thursday: I'll be praying in the car this morning and listening to the local Christian radio station. Oh, yeah and it would be great for you to show up at soccer tonight, Alec really needs to do well in his game.

Friday: Should have time this morning for you, if I don't oversleep, again. And yeah, I'll probably be giving you a shout out later in the afternoon to just get me through the rest of the day. It's been an exhausting week! And well, you know I work all weekend, so I'll see you on Monday. "

Does that sound familiar? We might not verbalize it, but that's how it goes.

I think we ALL need a schedule make-over!!! I know I do!

The most profound weapon of the enemy is our time. We live in such a fast paced, technology driven, ADD world. And unfortunately, we are forced into some of the schedules just by way of survival.

The answer: I'm open to suggestions........

But here's something to think about.......

Luke 9:57-62 (The Message)

57On the road someone asked if he could go along. "I'll go with you, wherever," he said.

58Jesus was curt: "Are you ready to rough it? We're not staying in the best inns, you know."

Jesus said to another, "Follow me."

59He said, "Certainly, but first excuse me for a couple of days, please. I have to make arrangements for my father's funeral."

60Jesus refused. "First things first. Your business is life, not death. And life is urgent: Announce God's kingdom!"

61Then another said, "I'm ready to follow you, Master, but first excuse me while I get things straightened out at home."

62Jesus said, "No procrastination. No backward looks. You can't put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day."

1 comment:

  1. 59 He said, "Certainly, but first excuse me for a couple of days, please. I have to make arrangements for my father's funeral."


    Isn't it amazing how precisely God's word speaks to our heart?

    I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete