Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Positive Thinking... You Gotta Try It!

My 90 day challenge.... To eat healthy (no carbs, no wheat, no gluten), and to exercise regularly again! I feel so much better when I eat like that. Here's my plan: Visalus Shake for breakfast, healthy snack, healthy lunch, Visalus shake for dinner! Anyone want to join me? What's your 90 day challenge?

In addition to sticking to the eating plan, keeping a positive attitude is also important. Having the right mind set is crucial to obtaining your goals!

Did you know there are many health benefits to positive thinking??? 
  • Increased life span
  • Better physical and psychological well-being
  • Greater resistance to the common cold
  • Better coping skills during hardships and stressful times
  • Lower rates of depression
  • Reduced risk of death from heart disease
  • Lower levels of distress 

 SOOOOOO, take a deep breath and put this into action....



Here are some examples of negative self-talk and how you can apply a positive thinking twist to them. (Mayo Clinic, 2011)
Negative self-talkPositive thinking
I've never done it before. It's an opportunity to learn something new.
It's too complicated. I'll tackle it from a different angle.
I don't have the resources. Necessity is the mother of invention.
I'm too lazy to get this done. I wasn't able to fit it into my schedule but can re-examine some priorities.
There's no way it will work. I can try to make it work.
It's too radical a change. Let's take a chance.
No one bothers to communicate with me. I'll see if I can open the channels of communication.
I'm not going to get any better at this. I'll give it another try.

Learn more about positive thinking and stress relief here.

No comments:

Post a Comment